Week 15: Reflections

Books and Technology Source


I am most proud of learning about a entire other culture that I hadn't been exposed too. I didn't grow up hearing stories about Rama. Being honest, I would often look at Hindu pictures and be completely lost in what meaning they held. As a naive person, I would think why does this person have five arms or what's up with the elephant head. Now, I can look and see the beauty and meaning behind the pictures. I can read the stories and know the background of the characters. Most classes end after the semester is over. However, I know this is something I will be reading more about on my own time. We have an incredible professor in Laura. She is so engaging that it will be easy to continue to interact with her and grow. It is a good sign when at the end of the semester I still want to talk and learn from her. I am proud of how I was able to set out of my comfort zone and deep learn about something I had no knowledge on. This prompts me with a question what other areas am I unaware of. How can I broden my knowledge and mind to encompass them? The crazy thing is this class I didn't just learn about the epics of India. I learned about growth mindset, how to explain technology to people, and the importance of reflections.

Unknown

Web Developer Intern at NextThought, Computer Science Stuent at OU | Interested in: edtech, edm, learning, coding, entrepreneurship | Co-Founder of Edcamp Stilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment