Week 14: Famous Last Words

Authoring Source

This week I want to talk about something big happening at NextThought. We have begun work on authoring for our platform! The prospect of educators being able to edit dates, titles, add content, and more on the platform excites me. During this time, I have been given the opportunity to learn and grow as a developer. I love whenever we have big projects and deadlines. It is during the crunch time I grow so much. Even as an intern, I am given big responsibilities to work on. I am one of three on the web application and we have our hands full. I love learning from the other developers at work.

I am pumped to see where these authoring tools will take us. I wonder what kind of new clients will we be able to interact with and from a relationship with. Now that we have authoring this lowers some barriers for clients that were unreachable before this. This past summer we had an overhaul to our navigation and ui. Now we are doing this authoring overhaul. Recently, the "authoring project team" was moved into a single room in the office. It is a little cramped in there but it is so much fun. Haha. It's only been a week but I am enjoying our new move. We are actually waiting for our brand new office to be finished too. This will be on the same floor as where we are now but in a much bigger space! We were able to help design how it looked, the colors, and the carpet. It is a great time to be an employee at NextThought. Things have changed so much since I arrived. I was probably one of the last interns to interview at the old office on campus corner. Now we are moving again!

Unknown

Web Developer Intern at NextThought, Computer Science Stuent at OU | Interested in: edtech, edm, learning, coding, entrepreneurship | Co-Founder of Edcamp Stilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment