Growth Mindset

Inspired by one of my posts :) Source: Laura Gibbs

I was first introduced to the growth mindset earlier this year by our professor, Laura Gibbs. Those cat memes filled my twitter stream and I was curious what it was all about. Before, I learned of the growth mindset I had began doing it through my personal writing challenge. Right now, I am blogging everyday for 100 days. It seems a bit crazy because it is but I needed to start. I've been in the headspace that I don't always have to be on time just do it everyday. Sometimes the post comes in at 11:59pm or 9:00am.

My plan is to dive deeper into growth mindset. I want to truly discover what it means and
how it will influence and relate to my journey. The Mindset book will be on my list of books to read. Seth Godin's new book, It's Your Turn, has been my source of mind food. Each day I read a bit and struggle, ponder, play, explore the ideas presented. My whole mindset shifted when I was blinded sided by self-directed learning and exploring past the confines of the classroom. Every since that moment, I've strived to create, play, fail and explore!

Below is a graphic that I liked that helps explain the growth mindset.
Source: Growth Mindset

Unknown

Web Developer Intern at NextThought, Computer Science Stuent at OU | Interested in: edtech, edm, learning, coding, entrepreneurship | Co-Founder of Edcamp Stilly.

1 comment:

  1. I love that image you put on this post. It so clearly explains the concept of "growth mindset" and how it compares with traditional teaching experiences. I am very impressed that you are blogging every day! Especially considering the fact that it is 100 days straight. I tried to do something similar with my poetry, but I write better when I am in an emotional state and it was rather exhausting putting myself into that emotional mindset every single day. Maybe I'll try it again with a little bit different strategy.

    ReplyDelete